Between now and May 31, you can sign up to receive a digital copy of the Medicare & You Handbook. It has all the same information as the traditional paper version, but the electronic format comes with advantages over the physical book. Tell your clients to sign up for their copy now.
What is Medicare & You?
Medicare & You is the handbook that CMS mails to Medicare beneficiaries every year. It contains helpful information, including:
- A summary of Medicare benefits, rights and protections
- A list of health and drug plans
- Answers to frequently asked questions
What’s special about the eHandbook?
The only difference between the eHandbook and the paper version is the format. The information is the same. However, many people may prefer to have an electronic copy.
- It takes up less space. Some people probably have stacks of old handbooks cluttering their home.
- It’s easy to use. The electronic version is easier to search than the paper version.
- It’s easy to access. The eHandbook is compatible with Kindle, iPad, Nook, Sony eReader and other eReaders.
- It’s easy to update. If you sign up to go paperless, CMS will email you to let you know about any major updates.
- It’s cost effective. Medicare says switching to the electronic versions will save tax dollars.
- It doesn’t waste paper.
How can my clients get the eHandbook?
Signing up for the eHandbook is easy.
- Download the current eHandbook here.
- Sign up to go paperless. You’ll receive an email when it’s time to download the next handbook.
What if my client wants the paper version?
Signing up for the electronic version is optional, and the paper version is still available. The handbook is also available in audio and braille formats.